Name of establishment: The Coya Restaurant
Do you want to see why you’ll love
working with The Coya team: www.coyarestaurant.com/
Job Location: United Kingdom
City / Town / Village: London/Mayfair
We are looking for a: Sommelier
Description of the position:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sommelier to join our talented team at a time when the company is expanding internationally.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and dedicated Sommelier to join our successful wine team here in the COYA Angel Court.
The role of a Sommelier is to assist in the seamless running of the wine department by providing a highly efficient and effective service tailored to the anticipated needs of the customer.
If you have a passion for people and are able to demonstrate knowledge of exotic international wines, perhaps COYA might be your next step.
We treat our employees as family so we offer excellent benefits.
• An extremely competitive salary.
• On-going training program and interactive induction.
• Excellent discounts at some of London’s most prestigious high-end restaurants.
• A fun workplace and great work-life balance.
• 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Family meals twice a day, every day of the week.
• Pension scheme contribution.
• External support help line for all staff.
• Opportunities to transfer overseas with COYA.
• Endless opportunities to grow and develop as we really do believe in promoting talent from within the business.
The ideal candidate would have the following experience and abilities:
• A minimum of 2 years experience in hospitality, fine dining would be preferable
• Certified sommelier or successfully completed equivalent of WSET, Level 3 would be preferable
• Solid knowledge of French and New World wines (South American and North American wines in particular would be advantageous)
• Attention to detail with good customer service
• A team player, pro-active with a can do attitude
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good command and understanding of English with the ability to communicate confidently
• Committed to personal development and a passion for working with people
COYA Restaurant, the Peruvian eatery from Arjun Waney (Zuma, Roka, La Petite Maison) is one of the hottest eateries to hit London late in 2012 and won the London Lifestyle Award for Best Restaurant in 2014. COYA is going from strength to strength and continuing to expand both globally and locally. Making this a great time to join with plenty of opportunities to develop and grow within the talented team.
If successful you will have the opportunity to meet one of the COYA team, so be prepared to tell us why you want to join this incredible company.
Desired wine education: WSET Level 3
Contract type: Full time
Accommodation: Not provided
Languages required: English
Cuisine type: Peruvian/Fusion Food
Contact Name: Mr. Antony Beasley at [email protected]
Zeitgeist Sommelier – Sommelier jobs & more www.sommelier-jobs.com