Name of establishment: Marcus
Job Location: UK/London
City / Town / Village: Belgravia
We are looking for a: Sommelier f/m/d
Description of the position:
Michelin-starred restaurant Marcus is looking for a keen Sommelier who wants to be part of our award-winning team.
As one of London’s most acclaimed restaurants, Marcus delivers Michelin-starred cooking in a relaxed and contemporary space. We are passionate about supporting and employing the next generation of talent and are led by an ambassador for British cooking, Marcus Wareing.
We are a small and friendly team that thrives on a passion for fine food and wine and exceptional customer service. We know that our restaurant is defined by our people, so are dedicated to investing in your long-term career development and success, equipping you with all the tools to progress professionally.
We are looking for someone to join our sommelier team, supporting the seamless running of the restaurant by providing a highly efficient and effective wine service, ensuring standards are maintained and guests’ needs are anticipated.
What we’re looking for:
– Strong interest in food and wine
– Real passion to deliver the highest levels of service
– Previous restaurant experience as a Sommelier or Waiter
– WSET qualified or working towards it
– Outgoing personality with a great eye for detail
– Enthusiastic and able to genuinely inspire others by example
– A strong command of English
What you’ll be doing in the role:
– Deliver an exceptional service to ensure guests have a memorable experience
– Engage appropriately with guests to ensure they understand what wines we offer and make recommendations to suit their tastes and menu selection
– Master various sales techniques to ensure our guests need are anticipated
– Develop your knowledge of wines and wine making
– Ensure all wines used are recorded as part of stock control
– Work effectively and flexibly with other team members, contributing to the overall success of the front of house team
What we offer:
– Competitive salary package
– Amazing career development opportunities
– Regular days off
– Free staff meals while on duty
– 24/7 GP access for you and your family
– Retail discounts on hundreds of famous brands
– Confidential helpline access for financial, legal advice, and mental health
– Employee discount for restaurant bookings
– Recommend a friend cash reward
– Paid wine training courses after successfully completing probation
If you think that this could be for you, we look forward to hearing from you!
PLEASE, DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON’T MEET THE REQUIREMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE, THANK YOU!
Contract type: Full time
Salary: £32,000.- pa depending on experience
Accommodation: Not provided
Languages required: English
Wines by the glass (sample): click
Restaurant award: 1 Michelin*
Contact Name: Mrs. Lise Mabon at [email protected]
Please, mention Zeitgeist Sommelier-jobs.com when applying for this role, thank you!