Name of establishment: 67 Pall Mall
Pall Mall TV: click
Job Location: UK/London – St. James`s
We are looking for a: Junior Sommelier f/m/d
Description of the position:
WHO WE ARE:
With 5,000+ wines representing 52 countries, with 1,200 available by-the-glass, the award-winning 67 Pall Mall is the home of fine wine.
The Club boasts a 17-strong sommelier team, many of whom are winners of several international competitions and elected #1 sommeliers in London.
Members benefit from the low-margin wine list and can store their own wines at the Club in our original 1930s bank vault. They also have access to an impressive events calendar, and much more.
67pallmall.tv, the world’s first 4k wine tv channel, is an extension of the Club, accessible to all both live and on demand.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Junior Sommelier to join the founding location of the 67 Pall Mall Members’ Club, located in the heart of London’s St. James’s.
67 Pall Mall is a Private Members’ Club, founded by wine lovers, for wine lovers, and is home to the finest wine list in the world.
At 67 Pall Mall, our Sommeliers are at the heart of what we do. We are seeking a vibrant individual to join our Sommelier team on a full-time basis. This is an opportunity to work amongst some of the finest Sommeliers in the world, taste exceptional wines as you work, and get involved with events with key industry figures and producers.
Our wine offering is second to none, with a Membership of dedicated wine lovers, passionate about discovering their next exciting glass and learning more about what goes into it. Our Sommeliers are at the forefront of facilitating that journey.
If you are seeking a fantastic new role where you benefit from consistent training, opportunities to expand your wine knowledge, and the ability to develop in a thriving, successful, and charismatic team, we would love to hear from you.
This role can hold exciting opportunities for travel to our locations in Verbier, Singapore and Beaune.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Assist the Senior Sommeliers and Managers in the service and operations of 67 Pall Mall, with impeccable service for our Members at the core of all we do.
– Following daily opening and closing procedures
– Attending service briefings
– Support the senior wine team with pre and post-service duties
– General day-to-day service of the Members and their guests
– Assist with the events at the Club, ensure these too are of a high standard
– Act as an ambassador of the Club, ensuring to keep good relationships with Members, suppliers and winemakers.
– Main duties include opening & closing procedures & mise en place of both Lounge and Clubroom operations.
– Junior Sommeliers help maintain high levels of service in the Club.
– Sommeliers at 67 Pall Mall work seamlessly with our Cellar team and
– Work with only Zalto glassware, which requires careful handling.
– You will work with a passionate team of Sommeliers.
– The team is motivated to take CMS and WSET exams and enter wine competitions often, something we wholeheartedly support and encourage at the Club.
– Members of 67 are great wine lovers and get to experience the taste of our excellent selection of wines.
– Sommeliers are given the opportunity to expand on their role outside of Floor Service, including with our Events and 67pallmall.tv
– Staff food on duty
– 29 days of holiday (including bank holidays)
– Opportunity to take part in WSET/CMS training and other courses
– Opportunity to progress further in a role within the company
– Staff Members can order wines at our wholesale prices through our wine buying team
– Pension Scheme
– Life Assurance
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Uniform provided
67 Pall Mall prides itself on maintaining equal opportunities for all employees
PLEASE, DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON’T MEET THE REQUIREMENTS MENTIONED, THANK YOU!
Contract type: Full time
Salary: £ 30.000 annual
Sommeliers in the operation team: 17-strong Sommelier team
Accommodation: Not provided
Contact Name: [email protected]
Please, mention Zeitgeist Sommelier-jobs.com when applying for this role, thank you!